Monday, October 3, 2011

Farewell to Kansas!






Well, on the final shopping day of this very long trip we found more hay . . . . . . . . . .







A lot more cows . . . . . . . . . . .







Nice barns, but I think they were full of cows and hay!














Not until we made one last stop did we find a real treasure.  It's a great old shelf unit with original red paint.  We had to unload a few things to squeeze it in, but no way could we leave this behind!!!







I think we are at max fill here.  The only way we could fit more in would be to take the Harley out and Joe could ride and I could drive the truck and trailer. 

Hmmm. . . . . that sounds like too much fun for him and too much work for me so I guess we are done!!!








A couple of scenery pictures that I just have to share.  I don't think I've ever been on such a beautiful drive as the one we ended our day with today. 












I-70 thru the Rocky Mountains from Denver to Glenwood Springs was prettier than I've ever seen it.





Around each turn was another burst of glorious color.  The yellows were so vibrant in the mid-day sun that they seemed to be lit with neon lights!

We'll be home in about 4 days and we will try our best to have everything in the store by Saturday, October 15th.  We hope to see you then and thanks so much for joining us on this trip!

                     Joe & Sharon

No comments: