Monday, July 23, 2012

Something Old and Something New

   

 Saturday we had a huge celebration at the Loft.....for 27 years Joe and Sharon Smith have kept the doors open and the welcome mat out.

     Bright and early that day they filled the yard with some great antiques....and they sold them at 27% off in honor of the day.  






Everywhere you looked there were fun pieces just wanting to jump in your car....(I of course bought some!)





We had customers of all ages.....Alexis brought her daughter Olivia in.....and it wasn't her first time in the shop.  We had such fun making her smile.  















.....and then Bella came in with her Grandma Pam for her first visit! 





   This was definitely not Anita's first visit and she is now the proud owner of this wooden grocery cart!  She had everyone drooling over it!



Carol, Susie and Maggie have been friends of each other and the Loft for years!  It was so good to get to visit with them yet again.



All in all it was a wonderful day.  Thanks to everyone who came and made it such a success!  We wouldn't still be in business if it wasn't for all of you!






     Today it was back to a typical Monday at the shop.....but we have some great new kits we would love to share with you!  Kathy was busy last week kitting them (with the help of some friends) and they are on the floor and ready to go home with you.....BUT they are in limited quantities and you'll want to get yours soon before they sell out.

This is a design of Little Stitches called "Hearthstone"....it is a 53"x 69" black, white and red quilt.  The kit costs $82.95.....It includes binding, but no backing.







.......and here is the kit for Kansas Troubles new "Merry, Joy, Wish" from their new Moda line "Holiday Medley".....





Here is a close up of the pattern cover....The quilt is 66" x 81" and is ready for you.  The kit includes binding, but no backing and retails at $110.00.

   We also have layer cakes, charm packs, jelly rolls and fat quarters....and it is here on the bolt too!












      So here you have something old, something new....and it is all for you!

     Today we are starting something new here at the Loft.  Susy and I worked on the blog today and hope to visit you again soon.....and you may be hearing from other voices in the weeks to come.
Let us know what you think.  Leave a comment and we will put your name in a drawing for a charm pack for Kansas Troubles new line....Be sure to write by this Friday, July 27th.....


       Bye for now and don't forget to write!    Jo Ann and Susy

30 comments:

Quiltdolls said...

Fun to hear from you. Since joshua's schedule has changed & I do not get in as much as I would like to. Love the red black & cream quilt of debbie from little stitches.

Love Kim

LONA said...

I wish that I lived closer, so that I could visit your shop. I am so glad for the ability to order on-line:) --
So many fun antiques and displays.

paulette said...

Oh how I wish I could have attended your 27th Anniversary!! Looked like such fun!! Who knew that they had wooden shopping carts way back when?! I wouldn't have had any trouble filling it with your sale items!! I love the Loft!!
Take care and see you in January (I'm a snowbird and visit every year! )
Paulette

Joyce said...

Love the pictures, wish I lived closer! Also love Kansas Troubles fabric!

marie said...

I would have loved to shop the antiques, then go in for some fabrics. Just a little to far away, but maybe some day I'll get to visit.

Erin Tame Designs said...

So sad I missed the celebration!! Colin is four months and can finally stay up for longer than an hour. :) I'll get in touch with Mark and set up a visit...I miss you guys!!

Debbie's black, red, and white quilt is fabulous...looking forward to seeing it in person.

kelley said...

wish I lived closer too...Ohio is just too far away and I'm not a traveler...but when I see photos of your shop, your Quilt Show and your happy customers I just want to get in the car and head west!

the Hearthstone quilt is yummy!

Me and My Stitches said...

The party looks like it was a blast. What's better than antiques and fabric!? Love the quilts.

Kathy MacKie said...

I always hear good things about your shop and love to follow it via blogs, etc. Too bad I had to miss the party too!

WoolenSails said...

I wish I lived closer, but it is nice that I can visit and see what is happening by visiting your blog.

Debbie

Judy said...

Wish I could have been there for the antique sale. I enjoy the blog.

Judy
plustik@comcast.net

Gayle said...

Visiting the Country Loft someday is on my bucket list! From every picture I've ever seen, it is the perfect combination of antique and primitive!

Eileen, Quiltist said...

Hi Loft, I sure miss you guys. You would think living in VA I would find a bunch of shops like yours, but no such luck. In fact, we are lucky to find ANY shops that sell wool. Homespun is hit and miss and totally forget rug hooking. Every thing is cotton and so few shops. I would love to come for the week and just spend looking at all the things I have missed over the year I have been gone.

Please keep posting on the blog. I loved Susan's travels to find new antiques. Keep it up. Eileen

Signe said...

I love reading your blog . . . it's the next best thing to being there (which is difficult living in Sacramento and soon to be moving to Davis). I miss everyone there!!!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, I would have loved to shop there too.
The quilt is so pretty.

Patty ♣ said...

Everything looks like what I love! Have had to deal with some family stuff the past month and couldn't make it down. So happy it was a success! Looking forward to getting to visit you soon!
Hugs, Patty, in OC.

Quilting by the Lake said...

It's so much fun visting your blog! So much eye candy! Happy Summer!
Looking forward to the 2012 Outdoor Quilt Show Pictures later this summer!

sandra said...

I wish I could have come out on saturday!!! Phew 27 Glorious Years at the Loft...Congratulations!!!!!!

Linda said...

Looking forward to hearing more from you on this blog. Someday I hope to make it out west to the shop!

Julie said...

I LOVE you store and always try to visit when I am in Southern CAlifornia...I always come away with lots of goodies!!

Susy said...

Dear Country Loft,
I do live near by and I do shop and now, I also work at the Loft... and I am so proud to say... Thank you Sharon and Joe and all of the other wonderful women, like Kathy, who keep the Loft going. It is one of the most fun and happy places on earth. Better than Disneyland! Without you, life would not be the same. The nicest people shop at the Country Loft.
Big hugs, Susy Boyer

Daffodil said...

Sorry I don't live close by so I could frequent your shop and I would have loved the antique sale. The warm feel of worn wood! The goodies that fill your blog make me dream of a ROAD TRIP! Work interfers!

Mary said...

Seattle is a long way from your shop...and that may be a good thing because I would be there all the time. Love the antiques and all the fabric & wool goodies!

Arlene said...

Looks like a fun place to spend time visiting. And I'm guessing that the weather is nicer than the 100° + days we're having here in the Midwest!?

sandy quilts said...

I love your blog and am so happy that I just saw the Hearthstone black/white/red quilt kit. I ordered it!!! Love to see what's new on here since I live on the easy coast.

Tamara S said...

There's no place like the Country Loft!! Being greeted with a smile and hands ready to help just makes my day...so the blog is the next best thing to being there. You guys are the best! Tamara

Wendy said...

Your blog is awesome with old and new, I love antiques and quilts. I love seeing what's new in the shop, those kits are to die for.

terry said...

Don't get down to the "Loft" too often (busy with gandkids) but read your blog and Joanns - best thing to being there. Love looking at the antiques and keeping up with the road trips and all the other happings.

Terry

Cindi P. said...

I love reading about all the things happening at "The Loft". If only I didn't live in Minnesota:)

sally beresford said...

I visit this site and acquainted with this.This site publish most useful and valuable article.I read this post and find lot of things.I am really happy for reading and knowing this post.

Antiques for sale