Friday, September 27, 2013

"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore!"

Hi Everyone,

Once again we are on the search for those great antiques we all love.  My hubby drove our truck and trailer all the way to Kansas City and lucky me, I got to fly over and meet him!

Our first day of driving was kind of sad, it doesn't look like the Kansas we know!  There has been a drought in the midwest and we saw nothing but field after field of dried up corn and beans.




This time of year we usually see lush green fields just waiting to be harvested.  In this picture you can kind of see the dead ears of corn on these stalks. . . . . .I guess we can expect corn prices to be high this year!

I think the drought has extended to antiques too!  Almost a full day of searching and nothing so far. Oh no!!!








Our last stop of the day is at some friends who live in that beautiful house across that hay field.  Looks like their field is green, maybe they have some antiques too!








Well, they had a few treasures, not as much as usual, but they did give us a lead on a sale happening tomorrow that they think might be good. YEA!!

So, I guess that's all for today . . . . . I think my chauffeur needs a good night's rest!  Hopefully I'll be talking to you tomorrow with good news!

No comments: