Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Antiquing 'til the cows come home . . . . .



So, those of you who have been following our blog over the years will recognize this little sign . . . . it's one of the main reasons we make this long trip every year!!!












The first one to greet us was this sweet little girl!!!


And then, just after I clicked her picture . . . . .








there was a crowd all wanting to be part of our blog, so of course I had to comply!! We were told that cows are very curious creatures and if you stop . . . . they will come!!










This is one barn though, that I don't think has seen many cows!! But we do love what is housed in here . . . . . .








I can't believe how excited I am when we get here!!!  These ladies have the most amazing eye for antiques and the most incredible refinishing skills.









 I know we all appreciate their talents because their items look so beautiful in our homes, especially in our sewing rooms all stuffed with fabric and wool!!!








Ron and Jane own this beautiful property and Jane's sweet Mom, Mary invites us in for lunch every year.




It was so nice of them to let me share a picture of their living room with you.  They have a wonderful collection of antiques throughout their home. . . . . . .









And, they have a wonderful collection of antiques in their barn, some of which we are so happy to bring home to you!!!!
















And some more . . . . . .










 And even more!!!!  Wow, did we have fun this year and I can't begin to thank all these dear friends for their very hard work and hospitality.

I know they follow our blog, so if you leave them a comment, we will put your name into a drawing for one of their little treasures!!

 We begin our journey west tomorrow with one more planned stop (you never know what comes up).  Talk to you then!!!




17 comments:

Briarose said...

I love spending lazy summer Saturdays antiquing...loving your finds! Claire
c7lonergan@rogers.com

Tina said...

Can hardly wait to see these in person. Hurry home!
Tina

edie said...

Where is that sale? Looks fabulous, and we live in Missouri, soooooooo . . . .

Please tell!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

I always drool over your finds!! Maybe I will get to come visit again this year!! Safe travels!

Suzanne Coterill said...

eye candy for sure!!!

Sandi said...

Looks like a lovely day for a barn sale, I've never ever been to one but that looks like it was a great one!

Louise said...

I especially love all the trugs, and the little stools and benches. Looking at all these treasures reminds me so much of my parents home in San Diego area. I really treasure the pieces my sister and I chose for our homes and the homes of our daughters..always look forward to your trip searching for these wonderful pieces.
Louise

Patti said...

So many lovely treasures! It must be so hard to narrow it down :)
Blessings, Patti

Robin C said...

Love their farm, home and everything about it

Sally Hurst said...

Sounds like some good old Midwestern hospitality. I grew up in the Midwest and miss the friendly folk back home.

Stephanie said...

So excited to see all these items when they arrive

moosecraft said...

Oh my! This stop sure does make the whole trip! How do you choose which ones to bring back with you? It sure would be difficult for me to leave much behind... ;-)

Me and My Stitches said...

What fun - I can almost feel your excitement as you get close! I don't know how you refrain from loading it all up!

jayne said...

Hurry home guys!

Sandy Johnson said...

Our favorite thing to do.Excited to see the rest of your treasures!

Caro said...

Lovely photos and the countryside is just beautiful!

cookbook said...

What a beautiful place to live Ron, Jane and Mary. And...what a beautiful place to visit! I hope to visit too sometime. It's now on my bucket list:)